Wednesday 9 September 2009

Flutterby

My copy of the October issue of Beads and Beyond popped through the letter box this morning. It's full of dragonflies and butterflies this month, made from shrink plastic and ribbon as well as wire. I've got a four-page project in there this month - a jewellery set that has the butterfly and freshwater pearl necklace below as it's main piece. Following a suggestion from the magazine I'm selling the soldered butterfly frame needed for the centre piece of the necklace on my website so that you can make one for yourself even if you don't fancy a go at the soldering. They are £7 each, including p&p, and you can get them here!

By the way, the magazine is running a fantastic jewellery design competition at the moment. There are several different catagories including chainmaille, wirework and seed beads. The prize for the metal clay section if particularly appealing - shame I'm not allowed to enter!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, Just wanted to say I love your soldered butterfly! I have been dying to try some ''proper'' metalwork for a while but haven't dared as yet...but your projects are certainly very tempting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo, Just wanted to say I love your soldered butterfly! I have been dying to try some ''proper'' metalwork for a while but haven't dared as yet...but your projects are certainly very tempting!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails