Saturday 9 January 2010

Beads and Beyond

Hurrah! The February issue of Beads and Beyond is here! I've just come from the shed to get a drink to find that our postie has taken advantage of the cleared road and pavements and brought us the first mail for what seems like a month, but is really only four days or so. He is good, but the ice rink that was our road defeated him for a while! Having said that, I've still got my copy so early that they haven't had a chance to update the website yet so I can't pinch borrow a picture of the front cover! The magazine is due out next week, so you've got a bit of notice to go and find a copy.


I've got a four-page article in the magazine this month - and for the first time in months I actually remembered to take photos of the jewellery before I sent it off! The projects use smoky quartz and teach you how to make findings by melting the send of silver wire in the flame of a blow torch. The main project is the necklace above, but I think my favourite is the pair of earrings below that use sparkly faceted briolettes.


There's a really good mix of projects in there this month - a lampwork bead heart, lots of bling for Valentine's Day, and the most exquisite wire crocheted pearl bracelet.

My campaign to have the most projects on the Beads and Beyond website is making good progress, by the way - click here to find another earrings tutorial!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the tutorial!

    And about the Bead Soup Blog Party -- yes, it's open to international participants, but hurry, it closes tomorrow -- just send your name, mailing address, and blog address in an email to lori at lorianderson dot net.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, thank you! I'll email you in a few minutes!
    And thank you for the congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done Jo with the gorgeous pieces in beads and beyond mag, i got my copy yesterday, my necklace is on page 66, I have sent in a few pieces for the next couple of months so i have to wait to see what will be in next months issue.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails