Sunday 27 March 2011

Reasons to be cheerful

In no particular order....

  • The sun has been shining beautifully for nearly a week now - and I find it very difficult to be anything other than cheerful when the sun is shining!
  • We had a lovely afternoon today walking through part of Southampton Common taking part in a treasure hunt raising money for the Wessex Cancer Trust.
  • Jamie is sleeping for longer between feeds at night now - thank God! I'm sure that my memory of the first few months of Ben's life was sanitised somehow - otherwise I may have had second thoughts if I'd remembered how little sleep we got at first!
  • I've been able to spend a little time in my workshop over the last few days, mainly finishing off a couple of pendants and a magazine project. It was so good getting out there again! Very theraputic!
  • The potted miniature rose bush that Ben gave me for Christmas has one beautiful deep red rose in full bloom.
  • I finally managed to get to back to the craft group that I first went to last November - I went to one morning and then couldn't make any more until last Friday as T needed the car, then it was Christmas, then Jamie was born and then, well, I was slightly busy with other things! I had a lovely morning, even if I did spend far more time feeding Jamie than knitting!
  • And last but definitely not least...
They got all of the cancer!
All the tests carried out after my surgery last month show that the cancer hasn't spread.
It hadn't even spread to the lymph nodes that they took out as a precaution.
This means that I don't need to have radiotherapy, but I will (like all cancer patients) have to go back to the hospital for regular check ups for the next five years or so.

Thank you all of you for all of the good wishes that you have sent - and to those of you who emailed to double check that I'm ok as I hadn't posted for so long! I've been doing well, just busy juggling having a new baby with hospital appointments for physio and speech therapy. I'm getting tired easily, but that's only to be expected. My speech is coming on really well, and I'm hoping that it will be good enough to teach again sooner rather than later. So watch this space for a couple of workshops in May and June!

9 comments:

  1. That is wonderful news! You and your family must me so relieved. God's blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jo,
    That's so wonderful!! Such good news!!
    Enjoy life and the rest will come. I am also on my way to recovery after surgery, and although it is slowly and at times frustrating is good when things move forward.
    I am sending a bid hug and all best wishes to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo,
    That's great news on this rainy Swiss morning! So pleased for you.
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that's great news! I'm so happy for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so pleased to read your positive post. Fantastic! Here's to a wonderful 2011 and some more sleep for you. Looking forward to seeing some new work soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot tell you how pleased I am to see this post and hear your news! I'm sure I'm one of many who doesn't even know you, but has been popping by here hoping to see a post.

    All the very best to you and yours xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jo, I'm so happy and relieved for you to hear that you have a good bill of health. You have been through so much it seems lately. Sending you a hug across the miles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails