Tuesday 17 April 2012

Thank you!

Bidding has now ended on my Flap Your Wings. The winner was Lynne, who got in at the last minute with a generous bid of £70/US$114.

Thank you so much Lynne, and thank you to all of you who bid - I can't tell you how much it means to me that people bid so much for my bracelet! A lovely friend of mine works for the Wessex Cancer Trust. She's the person who reads the applications cancer patients and their families put into the Trust for money to help them with travel to hospital, medical equipment, things that they need to help them to fight cancer. My mum and I have been helping to raise money for the trust ever since I met my friend when Ben was a baby with things like coffee mornings, sponsored swims and donating money from sales of my daisy collection, never expecting that one day I would need their support - well, if you don't drink or smoke and there's no history of cancer anywhere in your family you don't exactly expect to get cancer, do you?!

Lynne, your bracelet will be winging its way to you in Canada first thing on Monday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails