Tuesday 22 January 2013

Focus on Life - week 3: Take Time




I'm a little late with my Focus on Life photo and post this week as I have been doing exactly as Sally's prompt told me to and taking some time out for me! Well, for me and T, as we have just had our first night away without children since before Ben was born, and those of you who have children will understand just how wonderful we found this weekend! Please don't get me wrong, we love our boys to the moon and back, but it was absolutely wonderful to stop being Mum and Dad for a weekend. It wouldn't have been possible without my parents though, as they not only had my boys to stay for the weekend but came and collected them and brought them back again so that T and I could have as much time as possible. They would have had the boys Friday night too, but the snow didn't allow that.
We went to the New Forest and spent Saturday night at the Cottage Lodge bed and breakfast in Brockenhurst in the New Forest. We are so lucky to have such a beautiful National Park right on our doorstep, and we really don't take advantage of it enough. Brockenhurst is a beautiful village, and the B&B was within walking distance of three pubs and some fantastic restaurants. Our weekend seemed to revolve around food - pub lunch on Saturday, then cream tea at Cottage Lodge after a long walk in the snow. Italian in the evening, and breakfast in bed (how luxurious is that!) on Sunday morning. After a visit to Lymington on Sunday we headed back to Southampton for lunch in a lounge bar I love - which is when I suddenly realised that although I had most definitely been taking time, I hadn't actually taken any photos of it! So, I just about managed to stop myself from eating my chocolate brownie long enough to a quick snap on my ipad!
If you are ever down this way, please do go and visit the New Forest. It is a wonderful area. Do watch out for the New Forest ponies though - they are a law onto themselves! And I really recommend a stay at the Cottage Lodge. The staff looked after us so well, and everything about the place was wonderful. We're already trying to plan our next visit!

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like you've had a relaxing weekend. I love my children too, I know how important it is to feel like a women here and there.... ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful timeout you got to enjoy. The brownie looks yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! What a wonderful weekend, breakfast in bed and that yummy chocolate brownie! Perfect "me" time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your weekend sounds absolutley fabulous! So glad you are finding time for yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you two had a divine weekend. Sometimes "me time" includes your significant other. I know it often does for me because he's a part of me.
    Oh, about your picture. . .it makes me want to lick my screen. Nom nom nom nom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Your photo looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails