Thursday 16 May 2013

Finishing projects!

I have a growing pile of projects in every stage of creation from sketches in little boxes with the components I need to make them, to rings and pendants with the settings complete and polished and just waiting for the stone to be set. It has got to the stage that I am almost out of room on my desk, and it's not a small desk!

Two of the many cabochons that I've started to make settings for! I'll often make lots of bezel settings to fit some of my growing collection of stones and then they are ready for when inspiration strikes - and time allows!
I've always used the excuse that, because I teach jewellery making, I need part made projects to use as examples with my students, but as I have a pendant that has been waiting for its stone (the beautiful Botswana agate in the picture above) to be set for nearly three years now I think it safe to say that things have got a bit out of hand!

Beautiful picture jasper to be set in pring setting - may not completely finish this one as I am still using it for teaching!
So, at the weekend I set myself the goal of finishing off the projects that you can see here before the end of Saturday, which is going to be a bit of a tall order as I taught all day yesterday, I'm about to start teaching again all day today and I'm teaching for college all day Saturday, not to mention my usual Tuesday and Wednesday night evening classes. My inspiration was a post that Melissa Meman wrote for the AJE blog nearly two weeks ago, challenging readers to show off the projects that they managed to complete before the end of Saturday.

Mystery lengths of square wire - any guesses as to what these will turn out to be?
My questions to you are, will you be joining me in Melissa's challenge, and do you have any part made projects older than my poor three year old pendant?!

2 comments:

  1. I've got a bead project that is at least 13 years old, metal clay projects almost as old, glass projects older than my granddaughter (12) so your not alone - a friend on the web calls them her Zombies - the undead projects - I sometimes get inspiration from the unfinished for new projects - not sure if I ever want to be completely finished and only working on new - theres something about partially completed that as I said inspires me.

    Those square quire pieces look great helter skelter - soldered as a back piece or even just plain to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does make me feel better Deb! Mind you, I haven't counted the cross stitch picture that I started (and nearly completed!) for my GCSE textiles coursework when I was 16!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails