Sunday 1 September 2013

Happy 7th Birthday!





Ok, I do know that you're a little older than seven, and so am I, but 7 years ago on 1st September I had my brand new website, lots of creative ideas bursting to get out and I made the phone call to HMRC to register as self-employed. In my mind there should have been fireworks and a fanfare in celebration instead of a simple request for my National Insurance number, but never mind!

In the last seven years Daisychain Designs (as it was until this July!) has grown from a kitchen-table business built around a very young family to a busy full-time business based in a fabulous new studio. I am very lucky to be able to have created a business doing what I love. I've had an exciting summer moving into my new studio, and I've got equally exciting plans for my 8th year in business including new workshops, both online and in the studio, exhibiting at the British Craft Trade Fair and expanding my wholesale jewellery collections. You may have noticed that I now have a "Wholesale" tab on the website menu that leads to the new Joanne Tinley Wholesale website. More immediately I've got my first Craft Show of the season coming up at Southampton's beautiful Tudor House - more about that tomorrow. (And the present is just below too...)

Like all good birthday celebrations this one comes with presents and a big thank you - Thank You for helping me to make my business a success. Thank you to those of you I teach - as you know it is my mission to pass on the addiction of jewellery making on to as many people as possible, and it's going well so far! - and thank you to those of you who buy my jewellery and jewellery supplies. It is always a delight to send parcels all over the UK and to places as far flung as the States and New Zealand, and I know that I will never get bored of it!

As a thank you I have some lovely discount codes for you - but you only have a week in which to use them!
Use the code "happy7thworkshops" to receive 10% off the workshops running this term - see www.joannetinleyjewellery.com/workshops for details of the workshops on offer.
Use the code "happy7th" to receive 15% off Daisychain Extra Supplies - visit www.daisychainextra.etsy.com
Use the code "happy7thjewellery" to receive 20% off jewellery - visit www.joannetinleyjewellery.com


I'm off to make a cake now - I've got the perfect excuse!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on 7 years! It takes a lot of hard work to make it on your own. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! Hard work - but enjoyable and very much worth it!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on SEVEN years! You've got a great thing going and I know the coming years will be even more exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alice! The cake is nearly gone already, by the way - I've got three hungry boys here!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails