Sunday 3 February 2008

Busy, busy, busy

It's been a busy weekend here. B and I went to a fancy dress birthday party yesterday afternoon. He went as Bob the Builder and wore his hat all the way there, but took it off as soon as he got inside! I guess it's because we always take his coat, shoes etc off when we get inside. We had a fun time playing pass the parcel and playing with the birthday boy's toy cars. T took the opportunity to mend his bike without B around to 'help'!
Today, T took B swimming while I did some more soldering and finished a project that I'm really pleased about (more about that tomorrow when I can take some photos to show you!) and then Nicky and I went to the Wessex Guild of Craftsmen AGM. AGMs are never wonderful fun, but I rather liked this one (for reasons that I will tell you tomorrow when I can show you the photos I need to take!). I've offered to help the show organiser with promoting the Guild shows. I wanted to contribute to the Guild (afterall, it benefits me too) but I can't commit enough time to be a committee member, so I decided to offer to help one of the committee members with what is probably the biggest job in the Guild.
I've been busy soldering and creating with silver art clay this week. I've made the start of a few pairs of stud earrings but I'm waiting for my order of studs backs to arrive so that I can finish them off. They should be on the site soon, as will the earrings I posted tonight. These chandeliers are a design that I used to make in silver plated wire and I decided to resurrect them this week. I've used garnet, tiger eye, amazonite and turquoise in these ones.

And last, but definitely not least, for tonight, as it's Valentine's Day in less than a fortnight I am offering 10% off any jewellery orders of £50 or more placed between now and 14th February. Just type the code 'Valentine' into the relevant box at checkout. Prehaps time to drop a hint to your Valentine or to stock up on a few birthday presents? This offer includes commission pieces, so if there is something that you would like me to make especially for you please do contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails