Friday 25 May 2012

New designs, a celebration - and a new design challenge for you!

It has been a whole year since I opened my etsy shop! I started off with a few daisies, a couple of lovebirds, but I now currently have 108 designs for sale, and I've had 314 sales. Thank you so much to all of you who have supported me in this by buying, spreading the word through blogs and magazine articles, and just generally by being wonderful! I opened up the shop as a little side-line after people kept asking if they could buy my clasps, and it has all grown wonderfully. And it is always so fantastic to see what you all make with them.

I'm celebrating with 15% off everything in the shop when you use the code "BIRTHDAY"
at checkout until the end of May!

I've been busy editing photos and listing new designs in my etsy shop this week. Some are ones that I've had ready for a while but hadn't got round to posting, others are newly designed over the last week or so - here's a selection!


I love making my lovebird clasps, love coming up with new combinations of textures to use on the body and the wing. I'm also really really pleased with my new flower bangle blanks. There are three different designs, the poppy you can see above plus two differently textured daisies. The bangles open up behind the flowers so that you can decorate the wire with fibres, beads, wire or anything you can think of and not have to worry about so much space being taken up inside that you end up making the bangle too small to fit over your hand.

And my new blog challenge is on these cute flower bangles!


I want to see what you can come up with, what unique ideas you can use to decorate the bangles. So, I have five bangles, a mix of the different flowers but all oxidised copper, and if you're up for the challenge this is what you need to do.....
  • leave me a comment on this post, complete with your email address before the end of Tuesday (29th May)
  • grab the flower bangle button on the left to put on your blog with a link back to this post
  • make something beautiful with your bangle and post pictures of what you have made on your blog on the last day of June, Saturday 30th June. 
You will also need to tell us a bit about your design process, what other ingredients you used etc, and link to the other people taking part. I'll be taking part in the challenge too as soon as I've made myself a bangle as well!

In the past I've run my challenges as "first come, first served", but this time I've decided to have a little draw. So, leaving a comment will enter you into the draw, and the first five names out of the hat will get a bangle, and this is open to those of you overseas too! Good luck!

42 comments:

  1. Your designs are so beautiful! I "found" you a while ago through Lori Nderson's blog, and I have admired your work ever since! Congrats on your continued success!, PS. i would not complain if chosen for your blog hop!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo,
    very curious about this challenge. So, please would you put my name into the hat?
    Thanks, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to sign up, but I'm terrified I might win! lol. I'm so worried I couldn't do your bangles justice - but I promise to do my best if I happen to be lucky enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to take part in this! I admire your metalwork and appreciate the chance to use your beautiful blanks.
    Will blog about it tomorrow!

    pouncingturtle28 (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to try, although, like Heidi, I'm worried that I might not do the bangles justice. They are amazing just on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I've never made anything like this, so this challenge sounds like a real challenge to me. I'm in for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pick me, pick me! Your bangles are so beautiful, I'd love to be picked :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have posted this on my blog with a picture.

    jeanawells@kc.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to try too! Haven't a clue what to do right now. Fingers crossed...
    beehive@honeyfromthebee.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to win one!
    Thank you for the chance!
    Cilla
    www.tellyourgirlfriends.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore the bangles , i love working with flower elements , **fingers crossed **because i think i'd LOVE to see what i come up with ...

    Ivygodess0106(at)yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to give this a whirl!

    mirandacc@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love a chance to play :-)
    formysweetdaughter at me.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just posted on my blog with the photo link too!
    Cilla
    www.tellyourgirlfriends.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just posted about your celebratory drawing/blog hop! I would love an opportunity to work with one of your cuffs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh goodness, I'd so love to participate in this challenge! Grabbing the badge now for my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohh I hope I get picked! :) who wouldn't LOVE to work with your pieces?? :) kerilee 79 at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoot! What fun thing to do Joann! Count me in, I'd love to play. I've admired your designs for awhile now... x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd love to work with your bangle! great challange :)

    angee.sz@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've loved your designs for quite a while now, and I think I have some great ideas on what I could do with this bangle. Thanks for such an interesting challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You make such beautiful things and I would love to be able to take part in this challange :)
    shymedesign@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd love to try and work some magic on your very beautiful bangle that actually needs no embellishment! Please put me in the drawing! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Would love to design something with the bangle, it's lovely! Have lost my muse a bit lately so something like this would be a great kick start!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Please can I enter your prize draw? I am not quite sure how to put the button on my blog btw as am pretty new to this blog business - What do I do?

    Anyway my email is stringasongofsixpence at googlemail dot come

    Thanks!

    Sarah (Would be cheap on shiping as am also in UK!!)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much everyone for the entries! There's still time for more though, as the draw closes at the end of day Tuesday!
    Sarah - a couple of people have asked me about how to add buttons, so I've started a tutorial with screen shots that will be ready on Tuesday. To get you started though, right click on the button and save it to your computer. Then go to the page where you can alter the layout of your blog and click on the box that lets you add a picture.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes, yes, Yes!!! I posted on my blog and added the thumbnail and your addy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love everything to do with flowers. I'd love for you to toss my name into the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I blogged about your post and added the button to my blog leading to your blog. I just forgot to leave a comment. I love the metal cuff design!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would love a chance to play along too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh I love your bangles, would love a chance to play along. Especially the poppy (as I have a little Poppy of my own ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  31. I would love a chance to play.. I really have a simple design style. I am moving more to earthy colors. Stepha78@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ooooooo ... I already several ideas swirling around in my head! Your bangles are beautiful ... I would love to have a chance to play! =)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh my these are lovely I would love a chance! Thanks so much! : )

    ReplyDelete
  34. What beautiful bangles, and a wonderful challenge! I'd love to participate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my! Yes Please toss my name in with all the other highly talented people. Good Luck to everyone. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Would love to play/win. I'm currently in SC using a borrowed computer so not sure if I can stick the image on my blog... will be home on the 10th so lots of time to play!

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  37. Almost missed this being on vacation, but would love to join in!! Kristijharrison@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'd love a chance to participate!! www.KnotJustMacrame.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Pick me! Pick me! Jumping up and down and waving frantically! Would love to play!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I would love to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Forgot the email address:

    Lamplightcrafts@msn.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails