Sunday 11 November 2012

Remembering






Our house was quiet this morning at 11am. Well, three of us were quiet and Jamie played with his lego. He's not old enough to understand yet, and probably not old enough to recognise that his Mummy, Daddy and big brother were being quiet and thoughtful. Ben's only just getting old enough to really understand who we are remembering and why at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. And I wish that we lived in a world where I didn't have to explain to my boys who we are remembering and giving thanks for and why, and that our armed forces are still fighting for our freedom, but I do. So I was quiet and remembered my Grandad who must have been terrified when he was commanding a tank driving up the beach on D-Day and saw his best friend's tank being blown up beside him, but who continued to do his bit. And I thought of and gave thanks for friends who have served in Afganistan and remembered that no matter what the rights and wrongs are of the war in the Middle East, they have risked their lives to try and make the world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails