Tuesday 30 August 2011

Art Bead Scene August challenge



Every month the editors at the Art Bead Scene set a challenge - using the artwork posted as your inspiration create a something, not necessarily jewellery, using art beads. I've been following the blog for a while, but this is the first month that I've taken part in the challenge. Mind you I left it right up to the deadline, which is tonight!


The inspiration was this beautiful poster advertising American Crescent Cycles - you can see more about the designer and the poster here. As soon as I saw it I remembered two lampwork beads by Isabelle Anderson - beautiful swirls of blues, greens and coppery tones. I've had them for a while and kept gettign them out to admire them while they waited for the perfect project! I've used two of my oxidised copper poppies, one as a clasp and one as a connector together with Swarovski crystals, copper beads and copper jumprings. 

The idea was to create a bracelet that would look good no matter which way round it spins on your wrist - and according to the friends who was testing it out for me this afternoon, it works and got her lots of complimnents! Mind you, I think she was pointing it out to people and asking "do you like my new bracelet?"!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you! It all just fell together once I put the beads and the poppies next to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Miss Jo! So lovely. I love the copper flowers that you made. I can see how this all just tumbled together for you. I will be happy to add it to the post. Thanks for playing along! Hope you join us again!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely copper flowers - and the photography really picked up on their patina. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your copper "Poppies" and the bracelet is jut beautiful!!!

    Thank you for your comment on my Blog!!!

    Smiles, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those copper flowers, simply a beautiful design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails