Tuesday 17 December 2013

Cartography

I named this pendant 'Cartography' as the delicate lines and warm soft colours remind me of old maps - and as an ex-Geography teacher I'm still drawn to the fascinating details you can find on old maps! 


The stone is one from my friend Brenda's shop Iced Hot Rocks, and it's one of the first I bought from her, which means that it's been moving from a bowl on my desk to the box I store most of my stones in and back onto my desk for several years now - and moved studios with me! Once I finally decided what I wanted to do with it though it all came together very quickly. Maybe it was the new studio and the change of scenary! 

A frame of rectangular wire with a subtle texture has been built around the stone and a rivet, passed through the stone, holds it securely in place whilst also allowing you to move the bead slightly if, like me, you play with your jewellery whilst wearing it! A loop of silver at the top of the pendant allows it to be hung from a length of chocolate brown leather cord. The cord has been finished with a sterling silver hook and short extender chain.

Cartography is now looking for a new home - it is currently living on my website here!

2 comments:

  1. Just lovely Jo. The stone is stunning and the setting is perfect and doesn't distract from the stone. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a beautiful stone! I'm really pleased with the setting too.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails