Monday 27 June 2011

Incy Wincy Spider Hat


Lori posted last week about, of all things, stinky shoes. It may sound like a rather strange thing to blog about, and an even stranger thing to take a photo of, but if you go and read her post (click here) you'll understand that it wasn't the shoes themselves she was blogging about but the memories and about how the small, simple things can make life a joy. Now, we (unfortunately) have a few pairs of rather stinky shoes in our house, and I expect that as the boys grow and turn into teenagers that we will have even more, but after reading Lori's post it was the hat pictured above that came into my mind. It's Jamie's hat now but it was Ben's before him, and I love it. It reminds me of how small my big boy once was, of how easy it was to pick him up, to carry him about and cuddle him, and of how lovely it was not to have to rush around for school and various appointments everyday. He still likes cuddles, but I think from his reaction the last few school mornings that the days of letting me kiss him goodbye at the school doors are numbered! At least the summer holidays are coming up, so we'll have a few weeks at least of taking things at a bit more leisurely pace. Jamie looks just as cute in the hat, and I think it's going to be one of those items from their babyhood that I'm going to keep and cherish.

1 comment:

  1. MM... not fond of stinky shoes... but that is a cute hat and I'm sure Jamie looks adorable in it.... by the way your 'This months giveaway doesn't work....'

    I did post a picture of the earrings I made based on your bubble earring tutorial on my blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails