Tuesday 28 June 2011

Tutorial Tuesday - Summer Solstice Necklace


I've fallen in love with this gorgeous necklace by Heather Powers on Art Scene Blog - each of the components are so different yet go together so beautifully. I've started my own version using the ingredients below, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow's Bead Table Wednesday as I've got a magazine article to finish and a teething baby to console - oh, and a giveaway to take photos for!


The Art Bead Scene Blog also had another great idea - well, a challenge really that I didn't have time to join in with. Use a muffin or bun tin and fill each dish with the ingredients for a project, and see how many you can work through in a week. I usually have little piles of beads and pieces of silver all over my desk, some in little boxes, others in bags, and they never stay organised for long while they're waiting for me to have time to make them into something lovely. I don't know why I didn't think of baking tins before - such a simple but brilliant idea! Anyway, these two piles of bead soup ingredients will end up as two very different necklaces based on the Summer Soltice necklace - one with a gorgeous labradorite cab with beautiful purple flashes, and one with a Moogin poppy bead and Swarovski crystals. My aim is to finish at least one to show you tomorrow!

You can find the tutorial here: Art Bead Scene Blog: Summer Solstice Necklace

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to put beads together like that then string them together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails