Tuesday 1 November 2011

Anyone up for a challenge?

Do you remember this picture from a just over a week ago?


Well, they've now turned into these - cute little copper oak leaves with a hook on the back, a hook version of the oak leaf toggle clasps I sell in my daisychainextra etsy shop. I've hammered veins onto the leaves and oxidised them to highlight the texture, and then curved them slightly to give them a more natural look. Each leaf is slightly different as they are sawn out by hand and textured by hand, but they measure approximately 20mm by 13mm.


So the challenge - what do you think you could create with one of them? Each oak leaf is now wrapped up in one of my chocolate brown organza bags waiting to go to a new home and be made into a stunning piece of jewellery, and that new home could be yours! If you would like one of them then all you have to do is:
  • leave me a comment on this post, complete with your email address
  • grab the oak leaf button on the left to put on your blog with a link back to this post
  • make something beautiful with it and post pictures of what you have made on your blog on the last day of November, Wednesday 30th November. 
You will also need to tell us a bit about your design process, what other ingredients you used etc, and link to the other people taking part. I'll be taking part in the challenge too as soon as I've made myself a leaf! You don't have to make jewellery - if you think of some other creative way of using your leaf, go for it!

The first five people to leave a comment asking for a leaf will get one, and this is open to those of you overseas too!


7 comments:

  1. those are so gorgeous, Jo! I would love to create something with one of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are beautiful!! i would love to make something to go with this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to seeing what you all make, its fun when you all start with one single point of inspiration. They look lovely Jo very autumnal

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome, Jo! I love the way the hook lies to the back. I will love to see what others will make of them.
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails