Wednesday 30 November 2011

Challenge of Color blog hop

And here is my third challenge of the week! Erin of Tesori Trovati set the challenge of making a piece of jewellery with a palette of colours as the inspiration. The palettes she sent out after we all chose a colour family to work with are themselves absolutely beautifully put together and come from Jessica Colaluca's Design Seeds Blog. Jessica's blog is packed full of colour inspiration, and since the challenge started I've spent several happy hours on there. Her palettes and this challenge have definitely given me more confidence with working with colour mixes, and even the new colour scheme in our lounge diner have been inspired by one of the palettes - more on that next month!

I chose red as my colour family, and this is the palette that Erin assigned me - such gorgeous rich colours!

You can find the original palette here

With that rich raspberry red I just had to choose garnets for my design and continuing in my current liking for long dangly earrings this is what I came up with:

Decadent Earrings available here

All the metal components are made by me. The swirls connectors have been sitting in a pot on my desk for over a year, the result of a session teaching my friend Katie how to use silver art clay, and I'm really pleased to have used them finally! I made the settings for the rose cut (ie flat on the back but faceted on the front) oval garnets, and added light amethyst beads to represent the light grey/purple on the palette. Long elegant earwires complete the look!

The other Challenge of Color participants are listed below - I've had a quick look at a few of the blogs and the designs I've seen so far are really beautiful. Erin decided to give herself an extra challenge by picking a palette from each colour family and making a piece of jewellery for each - and they are each of them absolutely gorgeous! You can find her challenge pieces here.
1 Norma Turvey ~ Teal ~ Color Crave
18 Tari Kahrs ~ Orange ~ Citrus Tones
23 Amy Severino ~ Orange ~ Winged Tones
28 Linda Landig ~ Green ~ Cacti Dark
35 CJ Bauschka ~ Teal ~ Teal Air
41 Jenni Connolly ~ Gray ~ Paw Tones

28 comments:

  1. That cake looks so decadent - like the rich color of those garnets. I love your metal work and the earrings are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love garnets also. Fabulous earrings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those earrings are so delicate and beautiful! I'm really enjoying your Oak Leaf hop today too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Garnet is a beautiful colour and a beautiful stone. I love your earrings, I would definetely weat them!
    I am also happy that I found your blog. Your creations are amazing, I will be back!

    Ambra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! If I wore earrings I would wear those while eating that cake! Nice job on all of the fabulous metal components, I would have snatched those up for a design way sooner than a year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The metal(pmc?)components are stunning. Fit for a queen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you noticing there's a lot of food photos in the palettes. I'm glad I'm eating my lunch!
    Your's is yummy! (food photo, palette colors and the earrings) You components are beautiful. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jo, what beautiful earrings you created for this challenge! I love your silver work, it's so lovely, and those garnets are just about the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jo, your earring creations are beautiful. I love the garnets and the silver clay charms go so well with your design.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are one busy girl, Miss Jo! First, I have to say that I LOVE the leaf clasps. I need to place an order with you!
    And I love what you did with these earrings. I would wear these every day. The garnet is the perfect red shade and is a really neutral color. There is a very contemporary elegance to what you create. I like it.
    Thank you for taking on the challenge of color with me!
    Enjoy the day.
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jo, I am always in awe of you stunning work, and these earrings are no exception. Your metalwork in amazing, and the garnets are perfect for this challenge. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely earrings! I really like those pretty garnets and they go so well together with the silve components. Fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great pallette. I love your components. They really made the earrings stand out. I love garnets, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your metal components and the lovely earring you created.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jo, can I eat your color palette? Honestly, the picture looks so good how could you not be inspired? Your long earrings are so elegant and stunning! You did a beautiful job!
    {Hugs!}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great earrings and what wonderful work! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job! I love garnet -- so warm and comforting.

    Emanda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those earrings are simply divine! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How did I miss this post? I just love long earrings, and these are gorgeous! The garnets make them so elegant. I love your handmade metal components too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous earrings, Jo. Love your work on the garnets and how yo mixed them with such lovely patterned metal. Love the length of them...you had such a lovely palette....I am intrigued to see your room now!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are the most elegant earrings. It's pieces like these that make me think I must get round to getting my ears pierced one of these days... Gorgeous use of the pallette!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love those earrings, and your work is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails