Wednesday 11 January 2012

Oak leaves and owls from the Bahamas

Well, one oak leaf and one owl anyway - and a cute birdie too! One of the oak leaves that I sent out for the Oak Leaf challenge in November took nearly two months to arrive safely in the Bahamas. I was just about to give up on it and send another when Kim emailed before Christmas to say that it was finally there. Now that the holidays are over she's had the time to make it into a piece of jewellery, and she's used it with a cute lampwork owl that she made herself. I love it! You can see more pictures of Kim's necklace here.


In case you didn't get a chance to visit the other blogs taking part in the challenge you can find them here:

Melissa Meman of Art, Life, Love
Niki Sayers of SilverNikNaks
Amber Boorman of Larksong Studio
Rebecca Anderson of Songbeads
And you can see what I made here!

I've got another challenge planned - and I'll be posting more details on Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Glad it arrived safe! That wee owl is so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for reposting this Jo! very sweet of you! i wore this piece today and got lots of compliments :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails