Friday 16 January 2009

"Grace under pressure"

I am certain that I am far from the only person who has had tingles running up and down their arms from watching the news reports of yesterday's miracle in New York. I can only imagine the terror that those on board the plane and those on the ground who saw the plane approaching experienced, and the thankfulness that they are experiencing now. Michael Bloomberg, the New York mayor, said that the pilot had shown true heroism, "grace under pressure".

Again like many, many hundreds of people, I can remember exactly where I was, where exactly in the room I was standing, when the BBC showed the breaking news of 9/11. I visited Ground Zero a few years ago, not through choice, I have to say as I knew I probably wouldn't be able to handle the emotion of it well (my Grandma always did say that I cried too easily), but because I was a teacher on a school trip to New York. I will never, no matter how long I live, forget the feeling of that place or the news pictures. Thank God for heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails