Wednesday 1 February 2012

Not everything goes to plan....

I wish it did, but not all plans work out the way you hope! Sometimes that leads to good things - for example, if I had got the grades I was predicited in my A levels the first time round (my Mum says it was because we moved house three times during college and both my Grandads died just before my exams, but it may have had something to do with the fact that my boyfriend at college was one of those really annoying people who don't have to revise at all to get top marks) I would have ended up studying Meteorology, probably working for the Met Office, and not have gone into teaching, met T, had my wonderful boys and ended up playing with stones, beads and metal for a living.

However.......my plans for the last week did not involve major work on my website that has taken up what little free time I've had, and again it's my blog that has suffered, sorry. I've kept up with all my orders and teaching and a couple of commissions together with family stuff and painting the new cupboards that T has built for the lounge diner (really looking forward to showing you what we've done, but I want to wait until it's finished!), but it's always my blog that suffers when things go mad, sorry. If you've been on my website over the last week or so you'll have seen a few funny messages talking first of all about malware and then about maintenance. The malware was trying to redirect you to a site selling fake gucci goods, and that was easily sorted within 24 hours. I then decided to upgrade the site to the version of zencart that has just been released, and that's where it got complicated as this version isn't compatable with the software my hosting company has on the server. It's taken longer than I'd hoped to sort it out, but hopefully I'll be back up and running by the end of tomorrow by the latest. Didn't someone say that computers would make our lives easier, create a paperless society, reduce the burden of admin etc etc? Pah!

Anyway, lots of things have gone to plan over the last week. Jamie has finally cut the three teeth that were coming through all at once, so he and T and I are finally getting some sleep. Poor love, he's so good and rarely gets upset, but he was not happy. Ben seems to sleep through all of Jamie's noise thankfully - I don't think I could cope with the two of them and me being overtired! Ben has yet more birthday parties and homework involving building robots (I'm sure that my homework wasn't as much fun when I was his age!). And I've been spending lots of time up at the post office. The poppies for the poppy challenge were posted last week so the overseas ones should be arriving with the challengees any time now and the UK ones should be there already, and I posted Michi's bead soup off to her yesterday as well. Fancy a sneek preview.....?


For once, there are no daisies or poppies, but that's all I'm saying, you'll have to wait until it arrives safely in Austria!

8 comments:

  1. Cannot await, what it will be, my dear ;0)
    Have a nice evening, and a bit of relaxing time soon!
    Greetings, Michi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've been having a stressful week! Hopefully things go smoothly getting your site back up and running tomorrow.

    I received my poppies today for the poppy challenge and I'm so excited! They're so pretty! Haven't decided for sure yet what I'm going to make but I have a few ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you didn't pass your A levels Jo. My life wouldn't be the same. But glad you got your IT problems sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I passed them, just not the As and Bs I was predicted ! :P Life would definitely not be the same or as good without you Hellie xxx

      Delete
  4. My poppies have arrived safely. But this is a really busy week so it may not be till next week that I get round to finishing off the design. Will let you know as soon as it is done. They are beautiful btw. I admire your neat work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone makes with their poppies! You've got a couple of weeks left until the blog hop though, so don't panic.

      Delete
  5. Hang in there, Jo....sounds like you have so much on your plate right now, yet you are managing well! Your bead soup image is such a tease! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree on the paperless society... There is paper all over this house... I actually dislike reading computer screens and when anything gets too long I print it so that I can read it in comfort somewhere far away from my time sucking computer!

    My sweater is almost at buttonhole stage... so I have to decided soon if it is worthy of your buttons!

    I actually knit and designed sweaters for a year after I turned down a job in my field (geology) in a different part of Canada... after working for myself for a year I never got back into the 9 - 5 (8-4) grind!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails