Thursday 2 February 2012

My Bead Soup Partner

It is most definitely about time that I introduced you properly to my Bead Soup Party partner this time round. This is the fourth party that I've taken part in, and I've had amazing partners each time who have definitely challenged me in terms of colour and materials. Lori works hard to match people up, making sure that two lampworkers, for example, aren't matched together, or two people who have too similar styles of work. You can see what I made with the bead soup that my previous partners Lynne, Malin and Janna sent me. In hindsight I don't think that I did Lynne's soup justice. I did better with the ceramic pendant that Malin sent me, but I was really pleased with the necklaces I made with Janna's soup. The Bead Soup Parties have made me think and design outside of my comfort zone and I think that they have improved my work, so thank you again Lori!


This time round my partner is Michaela Pabeschitz. As I (briefly!) mentioned last month, Michi's a lampworker who lives near Vienna in Austria. The beads that Michi makes are absolutely gorgeous, and she makes them in such a variety of styles, as you can see from the pictures above. My favourite is the purple and green beauty in the middle of the top row, but the fish is so cute too! Michi posted a teaser of the bead soup she's sent me on her blog yesterday - click here to see it. It sold be here any day now, I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm glad all the different partners have been a challenge for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her lampwork beads are just gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you receive! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails