Friday 10 February 2012

Soup's on!

So did Wednesday's teaser give you any ideas as to what Michi wrapped up in all those little parcels? Whatever you guessed, be prepared to be amazed! I was going to start with the supporting cast of beads and then build up to the stars but I just couldn't wait to show you!

If you'd looked at a large copy of this picture you may have noticed that on one of the parcels Michi wrote that she couldn't decide which focal to send me. I assumed that she had been wonderfully generous and sent me two. I was wrong - she sent me not two but four amazingly intricate beautiful brightly coloured lamp work beads that she made herself. Four! And they're big too. In the photos below I've tried to show you all the details, but that's nothing compared to seeing them in real life. The detail on them is astounding. I have no idea how Michi has made the fish which have such delicate details, or how she has made the glass twist and swirl like that. And the colours! Now, I know I said that I've become more comfortable with using brighter colours in my work, but orange is definitely my biggest challenge, a colour that can make me panic to be perfectly honest. I'm ok if it's a bit of orange adventurine that I can tone down a bit like in these earrings, but there is no getting away from the fact that these beauties are bright orange!! Well, a challenge is a challenge is a challenge, hey Janna?!




Do click on each picture to see a larger copy - these beads are gorgeous!

Now, I mentioned a supporting cast. Michi has sent me enough beads for three bead soups. More amazing lampwork - gorgeous deep blue large nuggets and a set of beautifully decorated orange pillow shaped beads and some sweet coral coloured spacers. And then there's these beautiful ceramic beads (love these - more in my comfort zone!), a string of coral, pretty blue faceted beads, some really sweet fish shaped silver beads and a beautiful daisy toggle clasp.


I have been so spoilt! And I wish now that I had sent Michi more! Thank you so much Michi - I am going to have such fun creating with your beautiful beads.


You can find Michi's blog here - der-lamardebonita.blogspot.com.
The bead soup I sent her has arrived too, and you can see what she thought of it on her blog. I'll post some pictures of what I sent later today.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely soup! I think I like the third focal the best.. but then I'm rather partial to orange and yellow! Can't wait to see what you do !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the game with the bright colours, my dear - perhaps it inspires you to love oranges and reds in future ;0))
    Greetings, Michi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I can't wait to see the final product/products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what great ingredients for your soup! I like the colors of the lampwork focals and I especially love the little metal fish. See you at the hop.
    Cheers!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those lampworked beads!!!

    Orange can be an intimidating color to work with because there isn't much you can add to it to tone it down. But your bead soup is fantastic, and I'm sure you'll come up with something great, even if you have to take a big leap out of your comfort zone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun bead soup, very artistic assortment! I bet you will have fun creating with those ingredients. I love the silver fish beads! Looking forward to seeing your magic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely soup mix! Lucky girl :) and don't panic about the orange. After all, if there's a lot of orange in the focal, then you don't want a lot of orange through out the rest of it! I'd just use a little touch of orange scattered throughout as a bit of pop, and keep the focal as the focal .. too much orange elsewhere will pull your eye away ;) Pick one of the lesser colors in the focal you use and make IT your primary color for the necklace :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fish lips always make me giggle. Gorgeous beads. Love the oranges and blues.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's beautiful. I would be challenged by orange too, but your partner has coordinated it with other colors so nicely in the focal you have a good starting point. It will be fun to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had just visited her page and WOW was what I thought! I can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing assortment! I can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails