Tuesday 6 May 2008

Barcelona beads

The Gothic quarter in Barcelona has so many bead shops! I didn't quite visit them all, mainly because the euro isn't good at the moment. I think if the exchange rate was how it was last year then I would have stocked up on beads for the workshops, but never mind! I did, however, bring home these gorgeous wooden beads. I'd been looking for some like it in this country and on the web for a while now so I'm really pleased I found some. They are really tactile and a lovely warm colour. I'm planning to use them with lovely shiney silver so I've got a contrast in materials. I'll let you know how they turn out!

I'll post a few photos from the holiday later - I won't bore you with many, I promise! In the meantime here's one that you may like - T took this photo of a poster in a pet shop in Blanes. What do you think? Will they catch on over here?

2 comments:

  1. Great looking beads, Jo. Looking forward to seeing what you do with those. Glad you had a lovely time in Barcelona, can't wait to see some pics!

    Not so sure the doggie fashion accessories will catch on though, but you never know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you do with the beads :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails