Thursday 15 May 2008

Turquoise heaven


I've been busy finishing off jewellery this week - lampwork and gemstone jewellery that I started weeks ago and then neglected for hammering and soldering! I've got a stall at the Sparsholt Countryside Day this Saturday (17th May) so I really did have to get them done.
It was only after I had taken photos that I realised just how many of them were turquoise! Here are my 3 favourites. The necklaces use lampwork beads by Mindy Macgregor (http://www.moogin.com/) - I love the retro look of her beads, and they also seem to be really popular with my customers! I've used them with sterling silver rings that I've hammered and soldered. I think that the turquoise and black necklace is my very favourite. The bracelet uses my hammered rings again (I love hammering silver) and some gorgeous large faceted amazonite that I bought in Barcelona.

Anyway, Sparsholt - we went as a family last year and really enjoyed it despite that fact that it rained! There was so much for B to do and see - I think his favourite was being able to sit in a real tractor! This year T is away, my parents are looking after B and I (with some fellow Wessex Guild members) am part of the craft fair. If you come along please come and say hello - and bring the voucher below with you! (You may have to copy and paste into word to be able to print the voucher out.)

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the stall tomorrow!

    Do you often do craft fairs & markets? I have my first one coming up on 31st May and I'm really nervous. Not really sure what to expect and I'm now worried I don't have anywhere near enough stock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh love the new photos Jo!!! They suit your new website and logo perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magriet, I know exactly what you mean about worrying about enough stock! I've been doing craft shows for over 5 years now, and I still worry about that! I have a sign saying 'orders taken' and I tend to stand behind my stall making something too, so if people really want something different/different colour etc they know they can usually order it. Good luck on 31st!

    Thanks Hannah - it's taken me a while to get photos that I'm happy with, but I think I'm about there. Mind you, I'll probably carrying on tweaking them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails