Monday 9 January 2012

My Birthday Boys

My little boys are growing up. I know that's only to be expected, but it is still a bit of a shock to the system to realise that my baby is now one year old and my big boy is six! The problem is, you see, that I'm certain that I'm still 27, and T says he's sure that he's 31. Never mind!


It was Jamie's first birthday on Friday, although in many ways late Thursday night and early Friday morning when I went in to his room to feed him were more special to me as I kept thinking about that time last year. I had a very quick labour with him - contractions started about 11pm and sped up dramatically, we got to the hospital about 1am after phoning a friend to come and look after Ben as we realised that there was no way that my Mum could get over here in time. I was holding Jamie in my arms by 1.40am, and then we were able to get home before Ben woke up for school! Jamie and I had quite a quiet day on Friday as it was a school day, so Saturday felt more birthday-like with family over for a party. Both boys had a great time with both sets of grandparents and my brother over to make a fuss of them! Jamie, of course, didn't realise what was going on, while Ben had been excited all week. They are so wonderful together - Jamie adores his big brother and definitely saves his biggest smiles and laughs for him, and Ben is so patient and loving with him. How long that will last is anyone's guess, but I'm making the most of it!

We're definitely going to have a quieter weekend next weekend. The last four weekends we've either had visitors or been visiting family for Christmas, and we had T's Dad here between the Christmas and New Year weekends too. That's what happens when you have two children born so close to Christmas! Lots of fun, but I'm definitely more relaxed now it's over!

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails