Sunday 28 October 2012

Keum Boo workshop

It's been a busy weekend! A Halloween disco on Saturday evening and a birthday party at the local swimming pool today for Ben, not to mention the usual swimming lesson this morning. We've also go my God-daughter's birthday party tomorrow afternoon - my children have a better social life than I do!


On Saturday, however, it was the Keum Boo workshop, and lots of lovely things were made. For once I remembered to take photos of not only the jewellery that the students made but also some action shots! All of the students had made jewellery before, but none of them had used Keum Boo in their designs before - but all of them made at least two pieces of jewellery, mainly pendants and earrings.


My favourites were the simple two-disc pendant that Peter made and Caroline's pendant and earrings set. Caroline's designs started with a happy accident - when she domed the larger disc the doming punch slipped slightly and distorted the edge of the disc. So she flared out all around the edges of the discs to create a softer look with a random gold design. Peter's pendant, too, is a simple design, but the touches of gold turn it into a beautiful pieces of jewellery. All in all, it was a very successful day!


2 comments:

  1. I would love to try this one day...if ever I am in England...! They all look great.
    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all did so well Jenni! Really beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails