Thursday 4 October 2012

Let's get back on track

Let's get this blog back on track, shall we? It's taken me much longer than I thought it would to get back to feeling normal and on top of things after comings back from New Zealand. I think part of it is that I've actually felt quite homesick for Auckland! Hellie, my friend we stayed with, sent me a gorgeous photo of her daughter Eliza laughing with Ben in their sitting room - it's actually one of my favourite photos of the whole trip, but it actually made me feel a bit sad when I first opened up her email! It's framed on the sitting room wall now though.

I've also been wonderfully surprised by the number of orders I've had since coming home and opening up my various shops again - were some of you waiting for me to open up my Daisychain Extra shop again?! All the orders I've had, and the amount of teaching that I'm doing now have finally led me to taking on some regular paid help with the business. I will still be making all the clasps and jewellery, but Nicky is going to be helping me with the paperwork, with packing orders, and with some of the jobs like making jump rings and oxidising the finished pieces. I'm really excited about this as Nicky is a lovely friend who I haven't spent as much time with as I'd like recently, so I'm expecting her work sessions to be full of gossip and laughter and generally catching up and setting the world to rights!

I'm painfully aware that I haven't yet announced the winner of my 500 etsy sales giveaway, so that will be done tomorrow - and tomorrow there will also be the announcement of a great new online jewellery project that I've been asked to be part of, so I will be back then!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails