Wednesday 18 May 2011

BTW

 
Ummm....yummy colours! This was what was on my desk at the start of the evening when the sun was still streaming in through the windows! A gorgeous Moogin heart focal, some deep red spacer beads, Swarovski crystals, amethyst nuggets and some handmade silver chain, all sitting on top of the latest Beads and Beyond.

I've just spent a lovely couple of hours in the workshop working on some new designs, some of which I can't tell you about yet - sorry, I know I've said that a few times recently, but I've got a couple of exciting things in the pipeline! I can tell you about one of them very soon, promise. I can show you one though - some new earrings made with my favourite hammer.

Sorry about the awful picture - it was a very quick one!

These long ovals of silver have been sitting on my desk for months. They're the cut out sections from behind the turquoise set in two pairs of earrings that are waiting to go on the website, and I didn't want to put them in my scrap pot as they were so well matched and I just knew they'd be perfect for something. Today the perfect something came together, partly because most of the things I'm working on at the moment are big or NOTHS orders and I wanted something smaller to work on, something I could start and finish in one sitting!


The ovals have been hammered (obviously!), gently curved and had stud fixings soldered on. I think I'm going to oxidise one pair - what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. These are super cute and simple, I would love to see a tutorial so I could link to in on my site: allfreebeadedjewelry.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Maggie - I'm glad you like them!
    I haven't written a tutorial for these as they are made in a very similar way to a pair that I have already written a tutorial for. You can find the tutorial here http://daisychaindesignsjewellery.blogspot.com/2010/06/tutorial-tuesday-soldered-earwires.html, and more free tutorials by following the link at the top of the page. You are welcome to link to any of them.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails