Tuesday 24 May 2011

My new venture!

I haven't shown you very many photos of new jewellery designs recently, partly because I've been working on a couple of new projects that I haven't been ready to share with you yet- well, share with anyone really. I've found it's made it a bit harder for me to blog as I've been so concious that I haven't wanted to give the game away! Anyway, I can finally share one of them with you!

I've opened up my etsy shop again. I didn't really have it opened for very long the first time round as I opened it too soon really - I didn't have the time to run my own website and keep etsy up to date as well. Etsy seems to have become a lot easy to use now though, it's certainly a lot quicker and easier to list items and customise your shop, so I thought that I'd set it back up again. I hope that it will make things easier for overseas customers as prices automatically get converted to your own currency, and if you are already set up on etsy the buying process is quicker. I've got 20 pieces in the shop at the moment, and my plan is to add more of my one-off pieces over the next week. You can find my etsy Daisychain Jewellery shop here  - www.etsy.com/shop/daisychainjewellery

But the project I really wanted to share with you is my other, brand new etsy shop Daisychain Extra. After nagging from gentle suggestions from a few people, including some of my students, I have finally started offering some of my hand made clasps for sale. Do you remember this picture from Bead Table Wednesday a couple of weeks ago?


This is a different view of it -


it's a copper hook clasp made from one of my daisies, and one of the designs that you can now find both on my website and in my new etsy shop, together with the leaf hook clasp that you can see below.


I used a leaf clasp on the Turquoise Tree necklaces:



Each design is available in oxidised copper, oxidised silver and polished silver, and each is made to the same high standards that I use in my own jewellery. I've listed them on my website here, and you can find them on etsy at www.etsy.com/shop/daisychainextra.  I've got more designs to photograph tomorrow to list and to show you, but for now, what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. The clasps are beautiful! I've found Etsy not so good for selling jewellery (there's a LOT of competition!) but my lampwork beads seem to be going down well so all those jewellery designers are going to see your clasps and are sure to want them. Have favourited your new shop and hope it does very well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback Sue - much appreciated! Thank you for your order too :)
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your clasps are terrific and the daisy clasps are just precious. Love them!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails