Wednesday 3 March 2010

Birthday earrings


These are the earrings that I made for my Mum for her birthday in the middle of February. They weren't her main present, but I wanted to make her a little something extra to add to her collection of Daisychain jewellery!

The earrings started out as rectangles of sterling silver sheet. I hammered them, curled them round and soldered a stud fixing on the back. I then oxidised them as Mum prefers that look to shiny silver. They curl round a bit more than you can see in the photo - I did try to get a photo that was more from the side, but I was taking the photos myself with the aid of the hallway mirror as everyone else was out! I think she likes them - every time I've seen her since she's been wearing them!

1 comment:

  1. They're lovely Jo! No wonder your Mum is always wearing them

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails