Sunday 21 March 2010

New tuition dates!


Pictures of jewellery made in private tuition sessions earlier this year

I have just updated the list of dates that are available for tuition - and you can see them here.

They cover the few dates I have left in May, and also my June and July dates. I'm hoping to have a couple more dates in July as well, but I've got to wait and see if T can get any time off work for us to go away for a week first!

If you are interested in coming for tuition then there are a few things you need to be aware of:
  • I don't do the "come and learn how to make a bangle" sort of tuition - there's no point in paying for private tuition if you can't choose what you'd like to make! Sometimes people have no idea what they'd like to make and are complete beginners, and then I usually suggest that we start with something like a bangle or a simple ring or chain as they teach the most skills that beginners need to progress further. Sometimes people come with sketches of designs they are interested in, or have come to learn something in particular. For example, a recent student, who had been for tuition a couple of times before, wanted to use this session to learn how to set cabochons. So, what would you like to learn? What would you like to make?
  • I can't actually teach all the dates that I've listed on the website. I have other work commitments (magazine deadlines, college prep, gallery orders etc) that have to be done. So, if someone books tuition on, say, Tuesday 8th June, I won't take a booking on Thursday 10th July as well otherwise I won't be able to meet my other deadlines. In other words, if there is a date you are interested in, get in there quick!
  • And lastly, and this is definitely the most important point - jewellery making is very, very addictive - you have been warned!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you get lots of bookings, these pieces look amazing, i loved my day, with you, which was nearly a year ago. how time flys.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails