Friday 8 July 2011

A quick peek

Just a couple of photos to show you. I've been finishing off quite a few pieces of jewellery this week, some of which I half made as examples for my college classes last year. I thought it was about time I set the stones, finished the filing, soldered on bails etc so that I could put them on my stall at Winchester on Sunday. I haven't had time to take photos of those, but I did photography two new bracelets I've made, both made to the same design as the poppy bracelet I made last week. That first one is definitely mine!


The first uses another of Mindy's gorgeous poppy beads - just look at the colours and detail on that! The second uses a beautiful soft pink bead with silver and black highlights, and I'm sorry to say that I cannot for the life of me remember who made it. I know it was a UK designer, but I bought it (and another very similar long bicone) a few years ago and never kept a note of who made it. I can remember that I made a necklace that sold very quickly with the first bead, but that's all! If anyone knows who might have made it, please do let me know! Both bracelets fasten with one of my handmade clasps, and all the chain and rings are hand made too. The clasp fastens on any of the links so that you can wear the bracelet as loose or as tight as you please. The cupped shape of the clasp and the fact that it's made of a couple of layers of silver causes it to make a gentle tinkling sound as you wear the bracelet - I love that!

Both bracelets will be on my stall at Winchester Guildhall on Sunday so I haven't put them on the website yet, but if you'd like one and you can't make it to Winchester then email me!

10 comments:

  1. Love it all, particularly the top left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mindy's poppy beads are truly gorgeous - and what you've added to this one makes that bracelet extra scrumptious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Mindy's beads are beautiful, aren't they? I've had lots of compliments whilst wearing mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally stunning jewellery, of course. That poppy piece is particularly gorgeous! Have you thought of making a poppy clasp? I love that design of yours. ANd so far as the bead goes, could it be from EJR Beads? It reminds me of some of her work...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Rebecca. Strange you should mention poppy clasps - guess what copper and silver lovelies are sitting on my desk waiting to be oxidised ready for the website?!
    The pink bead isn't one of Emma - I've only bought one set from her and it was blue! Good idea though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jo, I'm so stupid - those ARE clasps, aren't they?! I just thought they were components or little links. They are lovely and I'm really hoping you will have the poppy clasps up for sale soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are far from stupid Rebecca!! In fact , you have delighted me as I was trying to make a fancy clasp that didn't look like a clasp - and it obviously worked! Hadn't thought of making them as links though...ummmmmmm......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry for popping back, but I finally remembered that the Mystery Bead reminds me of a Lesley McFarland one...though that's only a possibility if you ever actually bought from her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for that Hazel, but I've never bought any of Lesley's beads. All I can remember is that the seller had amazing beads but only a very small website that she didn't update very often at that time. It was a few years ago now, and although I bookmark her website on the old computer I never actually wrote the details down. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's so true how we can move across one table to the next, and on and on. I think if I were in a room filled with tables, I could make a mess of them all in short time! Ha
    Your space is wonderful and I know it must be like heaven to have it all your own. Your work is lovely and I thank you for sharing it, Char

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I read every one and will do my best to get back to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails